Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy (Early) Birthday Dr. Seuss


Happy Dr. Seuss Week! Here at the Jackson residence we LOVE Dr. Seuss!! In case you have not seen all the posts, there is one of the boys Dr Seuss birthday party! We have also done the boys bathroom in Dr Seuss! I will have to work on Dr Seuss's actual birthday, so me and the boys celebrated a little bit early with some finger painting! Finger painting is my favorite thing to do with the boys! They love doing it! Partly because of the end product, but mostly because they get to make a big mess!! Its great for me because the finger paints are 100% washable!! 



Since the boys party was Thing 1 and Thing 2, and they are at the ages 1 & 2, I thought a Thing 1 and Thing 2 art project would be fitting! I got us ready by painting a simple canvas a bright yellow and letting it dry. Then I just hot glued some ribbon to the back of the canvas (we are hanging this on our playroom door).




I tried to get pictures of the boys doing their artwork, but no luck! Like I said they like to make a big mess! But below is their finished product! I painted the face and Thing spots for them and we were all done! Will (my 2yr old) points to this and claps every time he goes into the playroom!! Love this and so did the Kiddos!




Below is just  a picture of a quote in the boys bathroom! I just used my Cricut to cut it out and place it on the wall. Its one of my favorite Dr. Seuss Quotes and a good rule we try to always follow!!

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!










No comments:

Post a Comment